Deadline for application: 8 January 2016
EuroMed Rights seeks to develop and strengthen partnerships between NGOs in the EuroMed region, advocate for human rights values and develop capacities in this regard. EuroMed Rights is looking to recruit a bright and enthusiastic intern to assist the Brussels office in its advocacy-related work.
The internship will start on Monday 1 February 2016 for a period of 6 months.
Description of tasks
The intern will assist the Advocacy team under the overall supervision of, and according to priorities set by the Advocacy Director, including the following tasks:
• Support the Advocacy Officers and the Advocacy Director with the practical and logistic organisation of advocacy activities, including sending invitation letters, setting up meetings, booking hotels, etc.
• Support the implementation of relevant advocacy activities, including drafting letters and briefing papers.
• Monitor EU, UN activities/calendars relevant to the Euro-Med, and inform EMHRN management, coordinators, members and Executive Committee thereof, e.g. by drafting a newsletter.
• Participate in various meetings, take notes, and prepare meeting reports and minutes.
• Maintain and update the database of advocacy contacts, when relevant in cooperation with the Communication Department.
Profile, skills and background
• University Degree (may be ongoing) in European Studies, Human Rights, Law, Political and Social Science – other degrees may also be considered.
• Keen interest and preferably proven work experience in the protection of human rights, NGOs of the EU/Middle East.
• Fluency in both English and French (oral and written). Applicants who do not match the language requirement in English and French will not be considered. Knowledge of Arabic will be an asset.
• Computer literacy in Word (at least basic Excel knowledge is required).
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in writing and orally.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Keen attention to details.
• Self-motivated, well-organised, able to work independently and efficiently under pressure.
- Announcement on the EuroMed Rights website.