Regional Programme internship
Deadline for application: 10 January 2016
This internship is with the Europe Regional Office of the Coalition for the International Criminal Court (CICC) situated in Brussels, Belgium.
The intern will assist with the Coalition’s campaign in Europe with a specific focus on the European Union, United Nations Office in Geneva, Balkan countries, Turkey, and Central Asia.
Responsibilities may include:
• Support efforts to promote the universal acceptance of, support to and awareness on the Rome Statute of the ICC in collaboration with civil society, governments, international/regional organisations and the media.
• Monitor developments related to the ICC and human rights in the region.
• Conduct research on CICC related activities and draft memos.
• Monitor and attend events in Brussels; Monitor events at the European Union and at the UN Human Rights Council.
• Undertake special projects and assignments as needed, including administrative tasks.
• Advanced undergraduate or graduate student in Law, International Relations, Human Rights, Conflict resolution, Political Science, or related fields.
• Knowledge of the International Criminal Court, the European Union, the United Nations system, and human rights issues in the region.
• Excellent written and oral communication, research and writing skills in English. Native or advanced language ability in French or another European language is desirable.
• Ability to work independently and within the constraints of tight deadlines.
• Previous experience in a non-profit environment preferred.
• Proficiency using Microsoft Office software.
• Interest in the Coalition's mission.
- Announcement on the CICC website.