Internship at FIDH Globalisation and Human Rights Desk
Deadline for application: 22 September 2016
The International Federation for Human Rights (FIDH) is an international NGO. It defends all human rights – civil, political, economic, social and cultural – as contained in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
FIDH offers a 3 months internship (starting end of September 2016) at its Globalisation and Human Rights Desk. The intern will be based at the headquarters of FIDH Secretariat in Paris.
The intern will participate in the implementation of activities undertaken by the Globalisation and Human Rights, desk such as:• Contribute to the preparation of missions of investigation, including background research, draft letters of meeting requests and other logistical support.
• Contribute to the preparation of European and/or international events, including NGO meetings, conferences, advocacy events.
• Contribute to the updating of the website and other communication tools.
• Contribute to research for and drafting of position papers, advocacy documents, press releases, etc.
• Monitoring developments in business and human rights issues as well as economic, social and cultural rights issues.
• Proofreading, editing, translating publications and internal documents.
The intern will be associated in particular with the following projects:
• Treaty Initiative project: advocacy and campaigning activities, including preparation of missions.
• Community-based Human Rights Impact Assessments (HRIA): support ongoing HRIAs, including preparation of missions.
• Other projects: support to the desk in research, communication and administrative tasks for ongoing projects.
• Fluent in English and French – Spanish would be an appreciated asset.
• Currently enrolled in a Masters Degree in Law / International Law/ Human Rights Law / International Relations.
• Interest in economic, social and cultural rights and business and human rights issues.
• Full-time internship (35 hours per week) for 3 months.
• The intern will get a stipend of 436,05€ per month.
• An internship agreement is required.
How to apply
Please send resume and cover letter (in English) via email to email@example.com before 22 September 2016 mentioning 'Application Internship – Globalisation Desk' in the subject heading of your email.
- Internship offer at the FIDH website.