Deadline for application: 23 October 2016
The European Roma Information Office (ERIO) is an international advocacy organisation that promotes political and public discussion on Roma issues by providing factual and in-depth information on a range of policy issues to European Union institutions, Roma civil organisations, governmental authorities and intergovernmental bodies.
ERIO is looking for motivated interns (students only) to join its team in Brussels. It has vacancies for full-time internships starting on 5 January 2017 and 3 April 2017 lasting between 3-6 months.
• Carrying out research on EU and national politics with regards to Roma issues and in the fields of anti-discrimination and social inclusion.
• Assisting with current projects.
• Assisting with drafting of publications.
• Supporting the information programme (e.g. e-news, newsletters, press releases, etc).
• Assisting with the organisation of events.
• Proofreading and editing texts.
• Supporting the maintenance of ERIO's database.
• Supporting the updating of ERIO’s website.
• Excellent English verbal and writing skills.
• Fluency in French is preferable.
• Motivated, helpful and dedicated individual, able to take responsibility and initiative as part of a small office team.
• Strong communication skills.
• Reporting skills.
• Commitment to the promotion of Roma inclusion and human rights.
• Ability to meet deadlines.
• Demonstrated knowledge of Roma issues, discrimination/human rights and of European Union policies and institutions is an asset.
• IT and computer skills.
Internships are unpaid. However, we can offer you the possibility to:
• Gain knowledge on lobbying with European institutions on anti-discrimination and social inclusion issues.
• Become familiar with EU policies on Roma, human rights and anti-discrimination issues.
• Become familiar with the landscape of Brussels-based NGOs.
• Work in an international and multicultural environment.
• Gain knowledge on fundraising issues.
Whenever possible and depending on ERIO’s annual work programme, we try to satisfy the trainee’s needs and professional interests during the internship to ensure they get the most out of this experience.
• The candidate must be a student and be able to provide an official internship agreement from his/her university.
• The internship would be fulfilling part of a university study requirement.
• Insurance and costs are to be covered by the university or the student
The preferred duration for an internship is 6 months. However, the minimum duration is 3 months. Internships are full-time only. Please provide your availability dates for the internship in your motivation letter.
How to apply
If you are interested in this internship, please send your CV and a motivation letter stating your interest and suitability for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Application on the ERIO website.