EuroMed Rights / Réseau Euro-méditerranéen des droits de l'Homme, Paris
Advocacy and Communication Internship
Deadline for application: 18 September 2016
About EuroMed Rights
The mission of
EuroMed Rights is to promote and strengthen human rights and democratic
reform in the Euro-Mediterranean region. Rooted in civil society, the
network develops and strengthens partnerships between non-governmental
organisations (NGOs), disseminates human rights values, advocates for
them and increases the capabilities of local partners in this regard.
The France office of EuroMed Rights / Réseau Euro-méditerranéen des droits de l’Homme (REMDH) is looking for an intern for a period of 6 months, starting on 1st October 2016.
The internship will be an opportunity for the intern to develop his/her knowledge on the situation of human rights in the euro-Mediterranean region and on international instruments for the protection of human rights defenders.
The intern will assist the programme coordinators on issues related to freedom of association and assembly, human rights defenders, gender and economic and social rights.
The person will have the opportunity to develop a great variety of skills and activities, from research, networking to administrative tasks. For example:
• Assisting in the preparation and implementation of field missions, regional meetings, advocacy visits etc. (preparation of briefings and documentation, dealing with visas and travels, financial aspects, note taking during meetings etc.).
• Monitoring and analyzing legal developments in the fields of freedom of association and assembly, human rights defenders, gender and economic and social rights, in particular the cooperation between the EU and MENA countries on these thematic issues.
• Drafting briefings, advocacy letters, press releases etc. on human rights issues and specific cases.
• Maintaining communication with human rights defenders and organizations in the region.
• Support to the general work of the office, including preparing internal documents, organizing files, taking notes in internal meetings.
Qualifications and abilities
• Student with a Master level in humanities (political sciences, law, international relations, journalism …).
• Interest in and experience with NGO work, human rights issues and the Euro-Mediterranean region.
• Knowledge of EU policies and the European Neighbourhood policy in particular.
• Very good oral and written knowledge of at least 2 of the 3 working languages of REMDH: French, English, Arabic. A good working knowledge of Arabic would be an important asset.
• Demonstrated writing and research skills, preferably on topics related to human rights issues and the Euro-Mediterranean region.
• Good knowledge of informatics tools (Office including Excel, internet).
• Great motivation, ability to work with independence and under time pressure, and to deal simultaneously with different tasks.
• An Internship convention with a university is required
The intern will be remunerated with € 554,40 monthly. She/he will also benefit from ‘Tickets restaurant’ and payment of 50% of transportation costs. The internship is full-time (35 hours/week).
How to apply
Please send a CV and cover letter to Mrs Ana Borojevic, in charge of Human resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org before midnight 18 September 2016. Download the full application here.
Interviews will be held in Paris or via skype on 20 and 21 of September. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.