World Organisation Against Torture (OMCT)
Geneva, 1 July 2012 (min. 4 months).
The World Organisation Against Torture (OMCT), the largest international coalition of non-governmental organisations fighting against torture, summary executions, forced disappearance and all other forms of cruel, inhuman and degrading treatment, is currently seeking to recruit a full time intern for the Human Rights Defenders/Observatory for the Protection of Human Rights Defenders.
The incumbent will work under the supervision of the Coordinator of the Human Rights Defenders/Observatory for the Protection of Human Rights Defenders.
The activities of the intern include:
● To draft urgent interventions in cases involving human rights defenders (in Spanish, French
● To assist with the organisation of field missions.
● To assist with the organisation of seminars and conferences on human rights defenders.
● To maintain contact with organisations affiliated to OMCT.
● To attend meetings and sessions of the United Nations human rights mechanisms.
● To translate documents.
● To assist the Coordinator with other activities of the Human Rights Defenders/Observatory for
the Protection of Human Rights Defenders.
● University degree in law, international relations, social sciences or related field.
● Good knowledge of UN procedures and regional mechanisms for the protection of
● Excellent drafting and editing skills.
● Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
● Capacity to adapt to multidisciplinary work in a multicultural environment.
● Good interpersonal and communication skills.
● Spanish mother tongue or excellent knowledge of Spanish (written and oral).
● Fluency in French and/or English.
Internships are not remunerated.
The positions should be filled from 1 July 2012.
Duration of the internships: minimum 4 months.
● Applications for this position should be sent to email@example.com.
● Please send a cover letter and a résumé.
● Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.