Vacant Position for Programmes & Policy Officer
ILGA-Europe, the European Region of the International Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans and Intersex Association, is currently looking for a Programmes & Policy Officer. The post holder will be responsible for coordinating capacity building/advocacy projects in specific areas of ILGA-Europe’s current priorities at regional and pan-European level. The post holder will organise events and trainings, empower the membership and other LGBTI organisations, represent ILGA-Europe at meetings and events at national and European level, lobby European institutions and maintain or develop partnerships and coalitions with other NGOs and relevant actors. The post holder will also identify opportunities for strategic litigation.
Candidates should be strongly committed to working for human rights and equality, and have competencies and demonstrated experience in
● Capacity building of civil society organisations and movements, including empowerment of NGOs and other actors to advocate for the advancement of human rights;
● Developing and conducting advocacy initiatives or campaigns at national, regional or international levels;
● Building alliances and coalitions to support advocacy and policy development.
Qualifications, experience and other requirements
● A solid knowledge of human rights international standards and equality issues, including as they relate to lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and intersex people;
● Experience in organising and conducting capacity-building events and projects;
● Training skills on human rights issues;
● Excellent communication skills (writing and presentation), including a high standard of written and spoken English and preferably Russian;
● Strong analytical, research and strategising skills;
● Self-organisation skills, and ability to follow-up on time and multitask;
● Ability to work in a multicultural and diverse environment and maintain excellent working relationships.
Useful additional experience/knowledge could include
● Experience in and understanding of strategic litigation as means to advance human rights;
● Understanding of movement building and process of social change;
● Experience of working in an NGO and/or another human rights institution;
● A solid knowledge of at least one European institutions (European Union, the Council of Europe and the Organisation for Security and Cooperation in Europe);
● A working knowledge of another European language;
● Experience of working in Eastern Europe and Central Asia.
Find more details about the position in the Application Pack.
Deadline for applications
Friday 6 July 2012 (17.00 CET).