Research Fellow/Project Manager
Deadline for application: 31 December 2014
The Max Planck Foundation for International Peace and the Rule of Law (MPFPR) is based in Heidelberg. It continues the extensive consulting, training and research projects of the 'Global Knowledge Transfer' working group, which existed from 2002 to 2012 at the Max Planck Institute for Comparative Public Law and International Law (MPIL). Within the framework of its research activities, MPFPR carries out several 'Global Knowledge Transfer Projects' in various countries. MPFPR projects focus on capacity-building and academic research in the fields of public international law, comparative constitutional law and the rule of law in countries in transition.
Research fellows are engaged in legal research, the organization and conducting of project activities such as workshops, as well as liaising with local project partners.
Required qualifications and desired experience
• Advanced degree in Law is required.
• Extensive knowledge of public international law, human rights law and comparative constitutional law.
• Ability to deliver high-level academic work.
• Computer literacy skills with standard software.
• Previous experience of work or research in the region is preferred.
• Fluency in English is required (written and oral).
• Fluency in Arabic is required (written and oral).
• Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills in a multi-cultural setting.
• Willingness to travel frequently to the respective countries for workshops and related activities.
• Proven ability to work under pressure and in a team setting.
• Well-organized, skilled in setting priorities and meeting deadlines, and able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
The Research Fellow will be based in Heidelberg, Germany, with frequent travel to the region.
Evaluation of qualified candidates will include a competency-based interview.
The salary and benefits follow the guidelines for German public service employees (TVöD). This position is contingent upon funding.
How to apply
Please submit a resume and cover letter by 31 December 2014 to:
Max-Planck-Stiftung für Internationalen Frieden und Rechtsstaatlichkeit
Bergheimer Straße 139-151
or via e-mail: email@example.com
The Max Planck Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and encourages qualified men and women, including those with disabilities, to apply. Kindly note that we can only contact short-listed applicants.