UN Refugee Agency - Regional Representation for Western Europe, Brussels
Deadline for application: 5 May 2017
The Regional Protection Support Unit of the UN Refugee Agency - Regional Representation for Western Europe is looking for an intern to start by the beginning of August 2017 in Brussels for a six-month unpaid internship.
The intern should have an in-depth knowledge of German, a Masters in Law, with an excellent command of written and spoken English. French is desirable but not essential. Evidence of previous experience or a strong interest in refugee matters or human rights is appreciated.
What we offer
• Experience with a UN agency.
• Work in a dynamic, international environment.
• Learning about refugee and statelessness issues with one of the largest humanitarian organizations in the world.
• First-hand accounts of refugee situations, via presentations given by staff assisting refugees.
• A variety of interesting tasks.
• Opportunity to use languages (English, German and French).
• Attend external and internal meetings.
General description of internship
• Monitoring and analyzing asylum law and practice.
• Researching country information and a variety of refugee and statelessness issues.
• Drafting documents including reports and correspondence.
• Writing, editing and translating texts (from German to English).
• Assisting with general office tasks.
How to apply
Please e-mail your CV and cover letter in English no later than 5 May 2017 to email@example.com with the subject 'RRWE PSU Intern August 2017'.