UN Refugee Agency - Regional Representation for Western Europe, Brussels
Deadline for application: 6 January 2016
The Regional Protection Support Unit of the UN Refugee Agancy seeks an intern to start by beginning February 2017 in Brussels for a six-month unpaid internship.
The intern should have an in-depth knowledge of German, a Masters in Law, with an excellent command of written and spoken English. French is desirable but not essential. Evidence of previous experience or a strong interest in refugee matters or human rights is appreciated.
What we offer
• Experience with a UN agency
• Work in a dynamic, international environment
• Learning about refugee and statelessness issues with one of the largest humanitarian organizations in the world
• First-hand accounts of refugee situations, via presentations given by staff assisting refugees
• A variety of interesting tasks
• Opportunity to use languages (English, German and French)
• Attend external and internal meetings
General description of the internship
• Monitoring and analyzing asylum law and practice
• Researching country information and a variety of refugee and statelessness issues
• Drafting documents including reports and correspondence
• Writing, editing and translating texts (from German to English)
• Assisting with general office tasks
How to apply
Please e-mail your CV and cover letter no later than 6 January 2016 to email@example.com with the subject 'RRWE PSU Intern February 2017'. It is important to use this as the subject of your email.