Academy of European Law (ERA)
'The Charter of Fundamental Rights of the European Union in Practice' - Training seminar for legal professionals
22-23 October 2015, Barcelona
This seminar will provide practical training for employment and social law practitioners on the EU Charter of Fundamental Rights.
Participants will be able to update their knowledge about the Charter of Fundamental Rights, in particular as applied to social and labour law. They will have the opportunity to discuss with colleagues and experts from across Europe the most relevant practical issues and recent developments in the field and to learn how to make use of the Charter in a case before a court.
• Legal value of the Charter
• Scope of application and content of the Charter, with a special focus on employment law and social rights
• Hints on application and interpretation of the Charter
• Relationship with the European Convention of Human Rights and other human rights provisions
• Case studies on the scope of application of the Charter
• Group discussions
• Workshop on substantive application of Charter provisions
Who should attend?
Lawyers in private practice and other legal professionals of EU Member States wishing to apply the Charter provisions to a case before a court.
Detailed information can be found on the ERA website.