United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR), Luxembourg Liaison Office
Deadline for application: 8 July 2015
The UNHCR Protection Unit for Belgium and Luxembourg seeks a native French-speaking intern with a start date of 14 September 2015 in Luxembourg for a six-month unpaid internship.
The intern should be a native French speaker, preferably with a Masters in Law, with an excellent command of written and spoken English. Knowledge of German and/or Luxembourgish will be considered an asset. Evidence of previous experience or a strong interest in refugee matters or human rights is appreciated.
General description of internship
• Monitoring and analyzing Luxembourg asylum law and practice
• Researching country of origin information and a variety of refugee and statelessness issues
• Drafting a wide variety of documents including reports and correspondence, and responding to information requests
• Writing, editing and translating texts (in English, French and German/Luxembourgish, according to native language)
• Assisting with public information activities and the organization of events
• Assisting with general office tasks
What we offer
• Experience with a UN agency
• Work in a dynamic, international environment
• Learning about refugee and statelessness issues with one of the largest humanitarian organizations in the world
• First-hand accounts of refugee situations, via presentations given by staff assisting refugees in Luxembourg and abroad
• A variety of interesting tasks
• Opportunity to use languages (English, French and German/Luxembourgish)
• Attend external and internal meetings
How to apply
Please e-mail your CV and cover letter no later than 8 July 2015 to email@example.com with the subject 'Intern September 2015 - Luxembourg'.