UNHCR Regional Representation for Western Europe's Protection Unit for Belgium and Luxembourg, Brussels
Deadline for application: 10 May 2015
The UNHCR Regional Representation for Western Europe's Protection Unit for Belgium and Luxembourg seeks:
• a native Dutch-speaking legal intern with a start date of 3 July 2015 in Brussels
• a native French-speaking legal intern with a start date of 29 July 2015 in Brussels
for a six-month unpaid internship.
The intern should be a native Dutch or French speaker with a Masters in Law, an excellent command of written and spoken English and a good comprehension of French or Dutch. Evidence of previous experience or a strong interest in refugee matters or human rights is appreciated.
• Monitoring and analyzing Belgian and Luxembourg asylum law and practice
• Researching country of origin information and a variety of refugee and statelessness issues
• Drafting a wide variety of documents including reports and correspondence, and responding to information requests
• Writing, editing and translating texts (in English, Dutch and French, according to native language)
• Assisting with the organization of events
• Assistance with general office tasks on an ad hoc basis.
How to apply
Please e-mail your CV and cover letter no later than 10 May 2015 to email@example.com with the subject 'Legal intern July 2015 Brussels – Dutch' or 'Legal intern August 2015 Brussels – French'.