Conference on European Data Protection Law: Recent Developments
11 - 12 May 2015
Deadline for application: 10% discount until 24 April 2015
The Academy of European Law (ERA) is a non-profit public foundation that provides training in European law to legal practitioners. Its patrons include most EU member states and it is supported by the EU. ERA organises conferences and seminars around Europe, offers an online training programme which includes a broad range of courses and e-presentations and publishes a legal journal ERA Forum.
The conference will provide practitioners with a comprehensive update on recent developments in European data protection law. It will give you the opportunity to engage with top legal experts on the most pressing issues regarding personal data processing.
• Draft General Data Protection Regulation and TTIP negotiations – where do we stand?
• Modernisation of Convention 108: key amendments approved by the CAHDATA in December 2014
• Transborder data flows: recent issues regarding mass surveillance, EU-US data protection “umbrella agreement”, Safe Harbour, PNR, and EU law extraterritoriality
• Implications of recent case law of the European Court of Justice and European Court of Human Rights
• Informational self-determination: scope of data subjects’ rights and enforcement mechanisms
• Practical advice on corporate compliance strategy and privacy by design
• Role and coordination of data protection authorities: challenges and tools for a coherent implementation of data protection laws in Europe and an efficient handling of complaints
Further information and online registration.