Post-doc researcher in the field of minority rights & European Union
Deadline for application: 30 May 2014
The European Academy of Bozen/Bolzano (EURAC) lies in the heart of the Dolomites. Created in 1992 as an independent research center, EURAC is home to researchers from all over Europe who work together on a wide range of interdisciplinary projects. Experts in law and natural sciences, linguists and geneticists collaborate with public and private agencies towards the resolution of some central issues of our day. Together they contribute to create a future-oriented Europe.
The Institute for Minority Rights is a department of the European Academy of Bozen/Bolzano. It carries out basic and applied research on the protection of minorities as well as the management of cultural diversity. The strategic orientation of our research relates to issues of cohesion and governance in pluri-ethnic societies.
The Institute is looking for a Researcher (post-doc) in the field of European Union Law and Politics & Minority Rights.
• EU law and politics
• Minority rights and diversity governance in the EU
• European integration and minority regions
Qualifications and skills
• PhD in law and/or political science
• Experience with externally funded projects
• Excellent knowledge of English, written and spoken
• Fluency in German or Italian is preferred
• Conduct high-quality research in the indicated area of specialisation
• Complement and further develop the Institute’s research activities
• Disseminate research results in conferences and publications
• Strengthen the Institute’s international network
• Prepare and manage externally funded projects
• Contribute to the Institute’s training and consulting activities
This is a full-time position with a 24-month contract. Planned start date: 4. August 2014. Salary ranges from 27.000 to 35.000 euros per year before taxes and according to experience.
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit their application including:
1. CV and list of publications
2. letter of motivation (max. 2 pages)
3. description of a research plan for the next two years (max. 3 pages)
by 30 May 2014 by e-mail only to email@example.com.
Please attach the following consent to your personal record, in accordance to the data security decree 196/2003 about personal data handling: 'I authorize EURAC to use my personal data in accordance to decree 196/2003.' We inform you that we will not be allowed to consider any application without this compliancy declaration.