European Roma Information Office (ERIO), Brussels
Full-time internship September - December 2014
Deadline for application: 5 May 2014
The European Roma Information Office (ERIO) is an international advocacy organisation that promotes political and public discussion on Roma issues by providing factual and in-depth information on a range of policy issues to European Union institutions, Roma civil organisations, governmental authorities and intergovernmental bodies.
ERIO has a vacancy for a full-time internship for the period between September - December 2014.
• Carrying out research on EU and national politics with regards to Roma issues and in the fields of anti-discrimination and social inclusion.
• Assisting with current projects.
• Assisting with drafting of publications.
• Supporting the information programme (e.g. e-news, newsletters, press releases, etc.).
• Assisting with the organisation of events.
• Proofreading and editing texts.
• Supporting the maintenance of ERIO's database.
• Supporting the updating of ERIO’s website.
• Excellent English both verbally and writing.
• Fluency in French and/or Dutch would be an advantage.
• Demonstrated knowledge of Roma issues, discrimination/human rights and of European Union policies and institutions.
• Ability to meet deadlines.
• Strong communication skills.
• Computer skills.
• Commitment to the promotion of Roma inclusion and human rights.
Internships are unpaid. However, we can offer you the possibility to:
• Gain knowledge on lobbying with European institutions on anti-discrimination and social inclusion issues.
• Become familiar with EU policies on Roma, human rights and anti-discrimination issues.
• Become familiar with the landscape of Brussels-based NGOs.
• Work in an international and multicultural environment.
• Gain knowledge on fundraising issues.
How to apply
If you are interested in an unpaid internship, please send your CV and a motivation letter stating your interest for this internship as well as your availability (i.e. starting date, duration of internship, either part-time/full-time) to email@example.com.