Policy and Advocacy Intern
Deadline for application: 5 January 2014
Eurochild is an international non-governmental organisation based in Brussels, which promotes the well-being and rights of children and young people at the European level and, through its membership, in the European countries. It is supported financially by the European Commission.Eurochild is looking for an intern to assist in the development and implementation of Eurochild policy priorities, which currently include political advocacy on child poverty and well-being, campaign on quality alternative care for children, child and youth participation, and mainstreaming of children’s rights in all EU processes.
Responsibilities• Support policy and advocacy team in its work on priorities highlighted above.
• Monitor developments of European and international policies regarding children’s rights and well-being and report to the policy and advocacy team.
• Support Eurochild working structures (including drafting documents, organising meetings, coordinating inputs, etc) in preparation of relevant events planned for 2014.
• Assist in the preparation and follow-up of events and meetings, as appropriate.
• University degree or relevant experience in children’s rights and well-being.
• Good understanding of European social policy and fundamental rights agenda.
• National-level experience in one of the Eurochild priority areas is a strong asset.
• Good research skills and understanding of political advocacy at the EU level are desirable.
• Excellent spoken and written English; other EU languages are an asset.
• Flexibility and readiness to work in a small, interdependent and international team.
How to apply
Please complete the online application form in English and submit it together with your CV (in .pdf) by 5 January 2014. Only successful candidates will be invited by 8 January to interviews (face-to-face or via Skype).