Deadline for application: 10 November 2013
The European Women’s Lobby (EWL) is the largest umbrella organisation of over 2000 women’s associations in the European Union, with members in all 28 EU Member States and three of the candidate countries. The goals of EWL are the promotion of women’s rights and equality between women and men in the European Union.
EWL is seeking a full time Secretary General, based in the Secretariat in Brussels.
The EWL offers a full time Belgian employment contract with salary range of €5,600 - €6,300 gross per month according to level of experience and expertise aplus €250 per month professional expenses. The EWL also offers secondary employment benefits such as lunch vouchers, 13th month salary, hospitalisation and pension insurance after 6 months of employment and 26 days paid holidays. The position will be open as of February 2014.
• Be legally entitled to live and work in Belgium.
• University degree or equivalent.
• At least 5 years of relevant work experience in a leading position within a non-governmental or governmental organisation.
At least 5 years experience in organizational and project management, including human resources and financial management.
• Demonstrated commitment to the effective achievement of women’s rights and equality between women and men.
• Knowledge and experience in the area of advocacy, in particular the areas of women’s rights and gender equality.
• Proven fundraising skills.
• Knowledge of European and international policies and institutions.
• Excellent organisational capacities.
• Excellent public speaking and media skills.
• Excellent networking skills.
• Capacity to work in a team and autonomously.
• Fluency in English essential and French desirable.
• Computer literacy and excellent IT skills.
The General Secretary is responsible for the strategic management of the EWL, including the Secreatariat. The General Secretary reports to the EWL President and the Executive Committee. The Secretary General organises and attends the General Assembly, the Board, Executive and staff meetings. All tasks are to be implemented on the basis of decisions adopted by the governing bodies of EWL. The full job description can be downloaded here.
How to apply
To apply, please send a letter of motivation and suitability, a short CV and the completed application form to Greboval@womenlobby.org with ‘Application – Secretary General’ in the subject line by 17.00 (CET) 10 November 2013.
Please note that applications that do not include the completed application form will not be considered. Interviews will be held in Brussels on 7 and 8 December 2013. Preliminary telephone interviews may be part of the selection process. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.