Programme Assistant on the Women’s Rights and Migrants’ Rights Desk
Deadline for application: 13 September 2013
Founded in 1922, FIDH is an international human rights movement, bringing together 178 member organizations from over 100 countries. FIDH’s mandate is to contribute to the promotion and protection of the rights set out in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
The Programme Assistant will contribute to the implementation of the activities of the Women’s Rights and Migrants’ Rights Desk. S/he will work under the responsibility of the Executive Management and under the supervision of the Desk Director and Directors of Operations.
S/he will implement the following tasks:
• Organise investigation missions, trial observation missions, national advocacy missions, solidarity missions and workshops/ seminars and ensure follow-up.
• Organise advocacy activities before intergovernmental organisations (UN, EU, Council of Europe, etc.), in collaboration with FIDH delegations.
• Accompany/ participate in selected field missions and advocacy activities before intergovernmental organisations.
• Draft and coordinate the publication of press releases, open letters, urgent appeals, briefing notes, etc.
• Coordinate translation and dissemination of documents, in collaboration with the Communications Department.
• Coordinate support to human rights defenders, victims of human rights violations and other partners in the field.
• Contribute to the implementation of the external communication strategy on women’s rights and migrants’ rights, in collaboration with the Communications Department.
• Contribute to reporting on and evaluation of activities.
• Contribute to daily administrative tasks.
• Liaise on a daily basis with FIDH member and partner organizations, with a view to strengthening communication and links.
• Contribute to ensuring fluid communication with the International and Executive Boards and FIDH mission delegates.
Qualifications required • Post graduate qualification in international law, international relations, human rights or political science.
• At least 2 years of professional experience in the field of human rights, with particular experience in women’s rights/ migrants’ rights.
• Fluent written and spoken English and French are essential. Fluency in Arabic or Spanish is an advantage.
Please send a CV and covering letter by email, mentioning the reference number for this post in the subject, to email@example.com.
The full job description can be found here.