Senior Project Manager - Ending Violence against Women and Girls
Deadline for application: 2 September 2013
The World Future Council (WFC) is a global forum of 50 respected personalities who give voice to the shared ethical values of citizens worldwide. The Council works closely with policy-makers, civil society and business to identify and implement best policies to protect the rights of future generations.
The WFC is currently engaging a Senior Project Manager to coordinate the a new World Future Council Commission entitled 'Ending Violence against Women and Girls'.
The aim of this new Commission is twofold:
• It will focus on tackling the alarming rise of violence against women around the world by highlighting best policies and laws that have a proven impact in eliminating such violence, thereby making societies safer and more respectful of women and girls.
• It will celebrate the role of women around the world, recognising their unique contribution to shaping an inclusive and just future.
Part of the commissions work will include organising the WFC’s Future Policy Award, an annual prize celebrating policies that create better living conditions for current and future generations, which in 2014 will share the topic of ‘Ending Violence Against Women and Girls’.
In the years 2014-2016 the project will follow up on the award by focusing on disseminating, adapting and helping to implement some of the winning policies in countries around the world.
The Commission will be composed of WFC members and international multi-disciplinary experts.
• Co-ordinate the commission and related global project activities.
• Prepare and implement detailed work plans on the basis of the vision, mission, strategy and work programme agreed by the Council.
• Identify and research best policies in the field of women’s rights.
• Provide expert knowledge on the topic.
• Management of expert commission including dissemination information to members, mobilising Councillors to engage in activities; ensuring Councillor representation at international events; helping to develop and coordinate policy amongst members, seeking input for finalizing of short position papers and reports.
• Network with other relevant institutions in the field.
• Event management: Prepare events including jury and commission meetings, award ceremony and hearings with the Future Policy Award event manager and Parliamentary Liaison Officer.
• Media and Communication: Develop and maintain the project image through various communication tools (publications, website, newsletter, media releases, social media etc.) in collaboration with the Media and Communications Manager.
• Financial accountability: Manage expenditures to agreed commission budgets and agreed WFC policies on expenditures.
• Fundraising: Seek secure long-term funding for activities related to women and girls.
• Reporting: Monitor and assess progress, evaluate outcomes and provide progress reports.
• Line manage consultants and intern.
• Report to the WFC Director.
• Academic degree in a related field (law, political science etc).
• 10-15 years experience in a comparable research and advocacy position.
• In-depth knowledge of human rights, women’s rights and international affairs.
• Experience working with international networks, policymakers and media.
• Excellent English communications skills, additional languages are an asset.
• Ability to work independently and as part of an international team.
• Outgoing and convincing personality with a ‘can-do’ attitude.
• Very good IT literacy in MS Office.
• Flexibility to attend occasional evening/weekend meetings and travel.
• An EU work permit is required.
To apply, please send a letter with a covering letter, a work sample and your salary expectations to Alexandra Wandel at email@example.com, mentioning in the subject heading 'Violence against Women and Girls' and your name.
Deadline: 2 September 2013.
Only candidates who will be invited for interviews will be contacted. Interviews will take place on 9 and 10 September 2013 in Hamburg or by phone.
The full vacancy announcement can be found here.