Advocacy Adviser – Child survival
Deadline for application: 18 March 2013
Save the Children is the world's leading independent organisation for children. It is currently working in 120 countries around the world touching the lives of 125 million children. Its mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Save the Children EU Office is looking for an Advocacy Adviser with a focus on child survival, to support implementation of the programme 'Local to Global', funded by SIDA. It concerns a part-time, 2-year assignment between March 2013 and December 2015, based in Brussels, Belgium.
Save the Children has been present in Brussels since 1992, promoting children’s rights with the EU institutions and Member States. The 'Local to Global' project supports the overall objectives of Save the Children’s global 'EVERY ONE' campaign. The project seeks to secure improvements in delivery on children’s right to survival and health by linking community level activities and field impact to national and global level advocacy work, based on a child rights approach. Funded by SIDA, it started in India, Zambia and Afghanistan in the beginning of 2013, linking work in these countries to advocacy through the global advocacy offices in Geneva, Brussels, New York and Addis Ababa, and to Save the Children’s global 'EVERY ONE' advocacy more generally.
Qualifications and experience
• MA or equivalent in a relevant field (Development, European Studies, Human Rights, Political Science, etc.);
• Minimum 3 years of relevant professional work experience; track record in advocacy and policy work;
• Excellent oral and written English skills;
• Solid knowledge of the EU, in particular the EU’s development policy;
• Excellent communication, networking, and inter-personal skills;
• Strong organisational skills and ability to meet deadlines;
• Willingness to travel;
• Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children's aims, values and principles.
For more information or to apply, please download the job description and application from the Safe the Children-website. The deadline for submission of application is 18 March 2013. Please note that we do not accept CVs. Only fully completed application forms will be considered.
Interviews will be held on 25 and 26 March 2013 in Brussels. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
We need to keep children safe, so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.