Advocacy and Campaigns Manager
Deadline for application: 20 March 2013
Plan EU Office is a regional network within Plan International which links 12 national Plan organisations in European Union (EU) member states. Plan EU Office’s goal is to ensure that the promotion and protection of the rights of the child is a priority for the EU’s external action in policy, programming and funding, while strengthening Plan’s partnership with the EU. We aim to ensure that children’s voices are heard and included in EU policy making. In addition, Plan EU Office’s work focuses on a few key thematic areas: Gender equality, education, health and child protection.
Plan EU Office is recruiting an Advocacy and Campaigns Manager. This person will be responsible for development, coordination and implementation of Plan’s advocacy and campaigns strategy, targeting the EU for policy change around child rights and gender equality, working in a small and dynamic team in Brussels.
• To manage advocacy priorities aiming at influencing EU policy, including drafting and implementation of the Plan Europe advocacy strategy.
• To strengthen and manage the campaign work of Plan Europe by engaging policy makers and the broader EU public on advocacy issues and raising Plan’s profile, with a specific focus on the 'Because I am a Girl' campaign.
• As part of the senior management team of Plan EU Office, represent Plan at the manager’s level of the Action for Global Health Network.
Experience and Knowledge
• MA or equivalent in a relevant field (Development, European Studies, Human Rights, Political Science, etc.);
• At least 7 years of relevant professional work experience;
• Proven experience with EU policy with excellent knowledge of EC development policy;
• Knowledge of child rights, gender equality and/or international human rights. Education or health expertise is an asset;
• Experience in international work environments and intercultural communication;
• Knowledge of how to influence EU decision-making processes;
• Strong track record of success in advocating for policy and political change and broad-based experience of creating partnerships to achieve advocacy impact;
• Strong experience in people, team and project management;
• Experience with media and communications an additional asset.
• Excellent writing and editing skills in English. An additional EU language is an asset;
• Excellent communication, networking, and inter-personal skills;
• Comfortable with delivering under pressure in a networked organisation;
• Innovative and creative thinking to support campaigning.
• Flexible, willing to share information and to take decisions;
• Independent and self-motivated;
• Capacity to work in a multi-cultural environment;
• Ability to meet deadlines under pressure;
• Willingness to travel;
• Strong team player.
If you are interested in applying for this job, please send a cover letter and CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with 'Advocacy and Campaigns Manager' in the subject bar. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.Deadline for applications: 20 March 2013