IRCT - International Rehabilitation Council for Torture Victims, Copenhagen and Brussels
Regional Coordinator for Europe
Deadline for applications: 27 December 2012
The International Rehabilitation Council for Torture Victims (IRCT) is currently recruiting a Regional Coordinator for Europe to support and build the development of the IRCT members in the region. This post is part of the Membership Team of the IRCT Secretariat and will be based in Brussels after an initial induction period in Copenhagen.
As Regional Coordinator your key role will be to support the membership and partner network in Europe to develop and implement the strategy for the work in the region. You will ensure that the knowledge and experience in the region within the field of torture rehabilitation is captured, and as a strong communicator you will ensure it is shared. You have a key role in managing projects in the region and in supporting delivery of our international work against torture in the areas of capacity development, organisational development, advocacy, communications and fundraising.
• Support development of a regional membership strategy;
• Assess and support centres with capacity building, organisational development and fundraising;
• Assess needs and support the establishment of new centres/programmes in the region;
• Identify and liaise with potential donors and relevant partners for political, institutional and professional collaboration;
• Project management and development;
• Major coordination of thematic, country and cross-regional Projects;
• Representation and external relations in the region.
Knowledge and experience
• At least 5 years work experience with international development, humanitarian response and/or human rights issues in the region;
• Knowledge of the region and key challenges in addressing the issue of preventing torture and rehabilitating torture survivors;
• Capacity building and training experience;
• Experience in coordinating major projects and budgets of significant amounts;
• Cross cultural team worker;
• Experience in communications and advocacy and in working with communications approaches relevent to a multi-sited organisation with limited resources;
• Knowledge of project planning and of log frame analysis and/or other project planning and monitoring tools.
Personal skills and communication
• Thrives in an international and diverse environment;
• Fluency in both written and spoken English and ability to communicate in Russian highly desirable;
• Able to work remotely and independently with an understanding of working in a multi-sited environment;
• Open and winning personal style and excellent interpersonal skills;
• Strong planning and prioritizing skills and able to multi-task;
• Ability to think strategically and consider all relevant operational issues;
• Interest in the organisation’s area of work.
Relevant University degree in development, health, law, or social sciences.
The Regional Coordinator post will be offered a competitive salary in keeping with the nature of this post.
How to apply
Send a cover letter of application and CV by e-mail. Please ensure that in your cover letter (of no more than 2 pages) you set out clearly how your experience relates to the key responsibilities, knowledge and personal skills required for the post.
Please name the documents 'Europe Coordinator your name cover letter' and 'Europe Coordinator your name CV'. Only candidates fulfilling these formal requirements will be considered.
Deadline for applications: Thursday, 27 December 2012, 8 AM (Copenhagen time). Job interviews are expected to take place in January 2013.
Further information: Please consult our website www.irct.org where you will find a detailed job description and CV format or call Leanne MacMillan, Head of Membership Team, at + 45 36 93 87 04.