Volunteer position Advocacy & Policy Department
Deadline for application: 31 March 2017
About World Vision
World Vision is an international relief, development and advocacy organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. World Vision works in nearly 100 countries around the globe and is a member of the confederation CONCORD representing more than 1600 European NGOs at the European Institutions.
World Vision Brussels & EU Representation (EUREP) based in Brussels serves to interact with the European Union (EU) and to facilitate the link of the international partnership of World Vision with the EU institutions.
World Vision Brussels & EU Representation offer a volunteer position in the Advocacy & Policy Department.
The Volunteer for Advocacy & Policy department will:
• Work and support the Advocacy & Policy team across different work streams (peace & security, food and nutrition security, migration etc).
• Provide support to the team on a wide range of tasks: administration, event organisation, (social) media outreach, campaigns, desk research.
• Take part in meetings, workshops, trainings or any event of relevance to World Vision’s work, including taking minutes and reporting to the team as appropriate.
• Work full time 5days/week in the office.
Qualification required and key competencies:
• Relevant degree – in EU politics, Human Rights, International Affairs, etc.
• Good knowledge and understanding of the European Union.
• Communications – demonstrate excellent written and oral communications skills as well as social media skills with a proven ability to craft clear and resonant messages.
• Excellent fluency in English – Good command of French is desirable.
• Good knowledge of MS Office, Databases and Adobe (preferably).
• Self-Motivated – able to work independently and proactively, as well as under supervision,
sometimes under strict deadlines.
• Ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks under pressure.
• Preference will be given to candidates with the right to work in Brussels.
World Vision Brussels does provide the volunteers with a monthly payment for expenses incurred (e.g., transport, food) using a lump sum allowance. Insurance coverage for any accident incurred in relation to their paid or voluntary work for World Vision ensuring opportunities for learning and development with supervisory support provided by an experienced staff member.
How to apply
Please send your CV and motivation letter (no longer than 1 page) to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 March 2017, using as email reference “Volunteer Advocacy & Policy”.
Preferred start date for the Advocacy & Policy Volunteer: as soon as possible. The internship will run until end of August 2017.
Only short-listed of candidates will be contacted.
- Announcement on the World Vision Brussels website.