UN High Commissioner for Refugees
Legal intern - French speaker with German or Letzeburgish
Deadline for application: 4 July 2016
The Protection Unit for Belgium and Luxembourg of the Regional Representation for Western Europe seeks a native French-speaking intern with a start date of 19 September 2016 in Luxembourg for a six-month unpaid internship.
The intern should be a native French speaker, preferably with a Masters in Law, with an excellent command of written and spoken English. A knowledge of German and/or Luxembourgish will be considered an asset. Evidence of previous experience or a strong interest in refugee matters or human rights is appreciated.
General description of internship
• Monitoring and analyzing Luxembourg asylum law and practice
• Researching country of origin information and a variety of refugee and statelessness issues
• Drafting a wide variety of documents including reports and correspondence, and responding to information requests
• Writing, editing and translating texts (in English, French and German/Luxembourgish, according to native language)
• Assisting with public information activities and the organization of events
• Assisting with general office tasks
How to apply
Please e-mail your CV and cover letter no later than midday 4 July 2016 to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject 'Intern September 2016 - Luxembourg'. It is very important to use this title in the subject line of your email.