Deadline for application: 23 October 2014
The Leuven Centre for Global Governance Studies, an interdisciplinary research centre of the Humanities and Social Sciences at the University of Leuven, initiates and encourages research initiatives in relation to globalization, governance processes and multilateralism. The Centre is looking for an outstanding junior researcher to participate in the FRAME project, a unique large scale FP7 research project involving 19 universities in the EU and worldwide on the topic of human rights in the EU external relations and internal policies.Project
• You are involved in an international large scale project and are part of an international research team, and in that context you draft reports, contribute papers to international conferences and journals on topics related to the impact of the EU on human rights protection and enjoyment worldwide.
• You conduct research and pursue a PhD on a topic related to the FRAME project.
• You are employed in a dynamic and growing research Centre and contribute to its current and future research activities.
• You obtained a Master's degree in law or international relations from a leading university with outstanding grades (you must at least have graduated in the top 5 % of your class).
• You have a strong interest in policy-oriented academic research and demonstrable expertise in human rights, EU law and/or EU studies, trade and development policies, international law and/or international relations.
• You are open to interdisciplinary research, you have excellent analytical skills, and are able to summarize and present a large amount of information in an intelligent way.
• You are able to organize your own research activities while working as part of a research team; you are able to handle various tasks at the same time while keeping strict deadlines.
• You have excellent knowledge of English, and master two other languages.
• You are able to efficiently use the most important Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
We offer an employment as full-time doctoral researcher starting on 1 December 2014 for one year, renewable up to four years.
For more information please contact Mr Nicolas Hachez, tel.: +32 16 32 53 84, email@example.com.
How to apply
You can apply for this job no later than 23 October 2014 via the online application tool.
Candidates will be notified about shortlisting by Tuesday 28 October 2014. Interviews will be conducted on Tuesday and Wednesday 4 and 5 November 2014.