Policy and advocacy intern
Deadline for application: 27 June 2014
Eurochild is an international non-governmental organisation based in Brussels, which promotes the well-being and rights of children and young people at the European level and, through its membership, in the European countries.
Eurochild is looking for an intern to assist in the development and implementation of Eurochild policy priorities, which currently include political advocacy on child poverty and well-being, campaign on quality alternative care for children, child and youth participation, and mainstreaming of children’s rights in all EU processes.
• Support the policy and advocacy team in its work on priorities highlighted above.
• Monitor developments of European and international policies regarding children’s rights and well-being and report to the policy and advocacy team.
• Support Eurochild working structures (including drafting documents, organising meetings, coordinating inputs, etc.) in preparation of relevant events planned for 2014.
• Assist in the preparation and follow-up of events and meetings, as appropriate.
• University degree or relevant experience in children’s rights and well-being
• Good understanding of European social policy and fundamental rights agenda
• National-level experience in one of the Eurochild priority areas is a strong asset
• Good research skills and understanding of political advocacy at the EU level are desirable
• Excellent spoken and written English; other EU languages are an asset
• Flexibility and readiness to work in a small, interdependent and international team
All interns are engaged under an internship contract with a standard remuneration for a period of six months: September 2014 - February 2015.
How to apply
Please complete the online form in English, add your CV (in pdf) and submit. The deadline for applications is 27 June 2014. Only successful candidates will be invited to interviews in the week of 7 July (face-to-face or via Skype).
All information given on the application will be treated in a confidential manner. By submitting your CV you agree that Eurochild might contact references provided.