Crisis Action, a dynamic international non-profit organisation Crisis Action with offices in Berlin, Brussels, Cairo, London, Nairobi, New York and Paris and which works to avert conflicts, prevent human rights abuses and ensure that governments fulfill their obligations to protect civilians, and more specifically facilitates joint campaigns and advocacy by international humanitarian and human rights organisations on conflicts including Sudan/South Sudan, Syria and Israel/Palestine, as well as targeted work on other conflicts, is looking for an intern for its small Brussels office. The intern, i.e. the Campaign and Research Assistant, will work with the Brussels Director and the Political Analyst.
The work involves a range of tasks including
● liaising with leading NGOs as well as with EU and Member State officials;
● monitoring EU and international news;
● researching background information on conflicts;
● arranging, attending and taking minutes at meetings;
● assisting with joint campaigns and advocacy work;
● maintaining contact lists of EU officials and civil society organisations;
● general administrative work and office tasks.
● degree in international relations, social sciences or a similar field and/or related experience
● demonstrated interest in conflict and humanitarian affairs and/or EU external relations policy
● strong communication and coordination skills
● excellent knowledge of English and very good knowledge of French
● general IT skills and good knowledge of MS Office
As soon as possible.
Preferably for six months and full-time.
The internship is unpaid, but local transport and a small lunch allowance will be paid.
How to Apply
Please email your CV, cover letter and contact information for two references to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Last name - Brussels Summer 2012 Internship" in the subject line.
6 June 2012. Applications will be accepted until 23:59 CET. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview by 15 June. Interviews by phone are foreseen for the week of 11 June.